Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GenCon 2011

The 4-day badge has been purchased.  The plans are coming together about where we're staying and how we are getting there.  We'll be crashing at a friend-of-a-friend's house in St. Louis on the way up and possibly back, sadly the Cardinals are not in town unless we want to stay a couple extra days, which I doubt will happen. 

I've never attended GenCon but I am getting quite excited at the prospect of actually getting to go.  I have attended the now defunct UnCommonCon in Dallas, back in 2000, whatever the Con was called in Northwest Arkansas many years ago and the sad Little Rock GameCon a few years ago.  However, there appears to be a new player on the block: NWA GameCon.  They certainly have a decent web-page, a little more research is needed I think.

On a related note, I saw this little article about DC rebooting its entire line.  I've never been a big DC fan and I don't know where most of their story lines are, but with the changing tastes of American consumers, this may well be a make-or-break venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment